This information is deprecated; please use the new automatic tool here.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
- Download the appropriate tetheredboot binary for Windows or OS X from https://github.com/msftguy/syringe/downloads
- Update: OS X version does NOT need libUSB from MacPorts any more.
- Put the device in DFU mode
- Use the command line tetheredboot -i iBSS.CPUap.RELEASE.dfu -k kernelcache.release.CPU to boot, where CPU is k48 for iPad, n90 for iPhone4
- These files (iBSS and kernelcache) need to be extracted from custom ipsw you made using the bundle!
- Look here for bundles: https://sites.google.com/site/msftguy/file/